Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cooking with Kels

Kelsey C.

Pumpkin Pie Twists

Hello Everybody! As you know last week I did a vlog post but this week I had some technical difficulties (not having enough storage on my phone to video tape…oops!) and was not able to film my video.  So this week I will be writing a blog post of what I have made.This week, since it is the beginning of fall and today is the first day of October, I decided to be festive and do a quick snack recipe with pumpkin! With the help of my friend Ashley, I got the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Twists. Now these looked so delicious and simple that it would have been a crime if I didn’t make them! I followed this recipe through Pinterest (http://deliciouslysprinkled.com/pumpkin-pie-twists/) and was able to make these twists in less than 20 minutes!
Like last week, I used crescent rolls AGAIN! I had 3 rolls so I had to use them for something! Plus, let’s be honest, crescent rolls are a gift from heaven; there is nothing you can make with a crescent roll that wouldn’t be good.
Okay so to begin, I gathered all my ingredients: crescent rolls, 100% pure pumpkin, pumpkin spice (which I homemade with ground cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg (and ginger if you have it)), and butter. THAT’S IT! That’s all the ingredients you need! I know it is so simple.



Next I preheated my oven to 375 degrees and lined a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat (or you can use parchment paper), then I opened the crescent roll package and separated the dough into four squares (keeping two of the triangles attached.) Next I spread a thin layer of the pumpkin on two of the squares. I then sprinkled my pumpkin spice mixture over the pumpkin.
The next step is to take the two remaining plain dough squares and place them on top of the squares with the pumpkin, creating a sandwich. Then, using a pizza or pastry cutter, I cut each sandwich into four strips to make eight total. With these strips all you need to do is twist them around, then spread each twist with some butter and sprinkle with the pumpkin spice.

Pop these bad boys in the oven for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown and you got yourself a treat!
(An optional addition is to make a cream cheese icing to drizzle over which is made with cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Just mix these ingredients together starting with the butter and cream cheese then add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk as needed. You can drizzle this on the twists right when they come out of the oven.)


Let me tell you, these twists were so delicious and addicting I think I am going to have to make a batch every week so my family doesn’t eat them all!
I really hope you try this recipe, I promise you won’t be let down and it will get your right in the fall spirit!! 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice blog, thanks for this post and I have some special things for you. If you are finding something to relax, wipo game; tic tac toe games for kids will be my best recommendation for you. Let’s play and get more deep relaxation!
    Beside, you can try wheely games . Now, you can completely play this addicting fun game on your mobile. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you shared in the article, thank you for that, it has given me more experience.These games are free but will bring you many interesting things like games parking fury 2 game. I would like to share with you some interesting things, if you have free time and want to find a tool for fun read it now.love you with all my heart quotes. Or you can go and search for the most fun games to play likenhạc chuông mario. Surely what I'm introducing to you will not disappoint you. Or you can relax by playing free games without downloading or losing any fees.Read and ponder the good quotes of life below, you will surely draw in life's own deep lessonstruyện ngôn tình hiện đại hay nhất. Please click and experience. Having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Instructor Information

My photo
This website is for culinary arts students at Apex High School. The content on this site will enrich what is taught in the course. Use these resources to help you achieve success in the course.